2009-09-24

SSNOTIME106*** AUTUMN RICHNESS***


Hello everyone!! It's Friday and that means STAMP SIMPLY*** Today our challenge was to make a card using leaves. Or if you don't have any leaves use something fall-ish!! An acorn maybe or a pumpkin***
Also use the rich colors of autumn along with some sponging in those autumnal colors that are popping up all over the place now!!
My card is a simple leave from Flourishes, stamped in Versamark ink, and embossed with Queen's Gold e.p.
I colored it quickly with Tombow markers and water and then sponged on distress inks in Aged Mahogany, Spiced marmalade and Fired Brick. I started lightly and then just kept adding color until I was happy with what I saw.
The paper is from K and Company and the ribbon from Michaels's...
Check out Sharon's site HERE for all the details and do check all the other rich creations from the rest of the design team.

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you so much for stopping by***

25 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card Janine...wow!

Anonymous said...

J9: Absolutely georgous!!!! You captured the beautiful fall colours. Love it!!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... Love this single leaf!! And your fall coloring technique is AWESOME!!! BEAUTIFUL! Have a great weeked!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the rich fall colors. Very pretty. Happy weekend Janine...Pat

Jennifer Buck said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Janine! LOVE this one! :) Hope you are doing well! :)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Gorgeous is right, Janine!! I love the richness of your beautiful fall colors and sponging!

Norine said...

just gorgeous love the rich colors awesome job
Hugs
Norine

Jenny Gropp said...

Janine -- this is awesome -- When I saw this challenge I wanted those flourishes leaves -- but I don't have them! (yet)
I just love this card -- the warm tones, gold embossing -- it ROCKS!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow Janine, this just radiates! The way you did that background is beautiful and I love the simplicity of the single leaf! Beautiful work, Honey Muffin!

Little GTO said...

Gorgeous!
Sharon L

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous, Janine! Your colors are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

this is just lovely Janine. christabelle.

Jeanette said...

You do the simple but elegant so well. Really lovely.

acreativeneed said...

Gorgeous Janine! Love the rich colors!!
smiles,Deena

Pat (mspfd) said...

Stunning. You captured Fall at its best~

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous fall-themed card, Janine!! Your colors are perfect!!

Joan Fricker said...

Janine, you always have the greatest ideas. What a beautiful and elegant card with deep rich colors. Great job!

Joan

Meahni said...

Stunning card Janine! I wish I could make cards in this style.

knitwit said...

Absolutely stunning!! I have so many leaf stamps and punches, I really need to give this a try...if I can find a few spare minutes!

Diane said...

Very nice Janine,love the colors!

Heather the Mooselover said...

A stunner Janine! Just love the background and the colors. Just everything about it!

Kay said...

I LOVE Fall, so I LOVE this card! By the way, I note your new profile picture -- so pretty!

Barbara said...

Janine, this is gorgeous! Love that one, simple leaf, beautifully colored! Love your new picture, too!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is amazing! I love the fall colors and gorgeous coloring!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is so gorgeous! The colors are so rich and are all my favorites. The single leaf on your card looks as if it is highlighted by a halo of light. Stunning! Best, Curt