2010-07-20

OH MY GOSH***

THIS WAS SOOOOOOOOOO YUM***
TEX-MEX CHICKEN WITH CHILES AND CHEESE
adapted from Fine Cooking 2010
1 1/4 lb. boneless,skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup flour
3 1/2 T/ unsalted butter
canned corn kernels or fresh off the cob
1 whole jalapeno, seeded and sliced thin
1 large garlic clove, minced
limes about 4 juiced
fresh oregano or dried
1 cup sharp cheddar
Toss chicken with chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour and shake off excess. In cast iron skillet (gotta use one of these), melt 2 T. butter, adding the chicken and cooking until brown. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining butter, corn, jalapeno, garlic, oregan and lime juice. Return chicken to pan and stir until cooked through.
Sprinkle with cheese and put under the broiler until cheese has melted and begins to brown.
Serve alone, with rice or in tortillas.
ENJOY***

3 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Ooooh, sounds yummy! And I have a collection of cast iron skillets from Tim's mom that I have been looking for ways to use, so I will definitely try this! Thanks for sharing!!

knitwit said...

Aaaaand...I'm drooling. We're having yucky old leftovers tonight. Tomorrow, the Captain is away for a few days. Guess what I'll be whipping up for myself after the kids are in bed!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY God!!!!!!

This looks so yummy. I printed the recipe and I'm going to try it tomorrow. Eat it with and ice cole beer. luv