2010-08-12

SSNOTIME152***RIBBONS SNIPS***

Waste not, want not! Today's challenge is to use ribbon scraps on our card or project. You may use as many as you want, just make sure it's a scrap, a small piece. You can do whatever you want with them, but let's just make use of some of these little bits of prettiness!!!

Sharon also added in her challenge to us that most of us keep all the little scraps of ribbon.
Well I don't!!! Is that sacriligious?? If I have a little bit of ribbon left from a card I just toss it otherwise I would be swimming in ribbon and paper... It's enough I keep the paper scraps!
My room isn't big enough for both of us!!!

But I DID have this piece of orange satin ribbon in a little box by my work table so I thought I would use that and get a head start on my Hallowe'en cards.
This little pretties are 4" x 4" of Orange Zest cardstock from PTI, lots of Hallowe'en designer papers from my bit bin and a little piece (about 4 1/2") of orange ribbon.

The little witchy is from Waltzingmouse Stamps, embossed with black embossing powder and put on top of a scallop circle. The sentiment is from the same stamp set***

Simple simple so I made 5....




























Here's a close - up!!!
Check out Sharon's site HERE for all the details and don't forget to check out all the SCRAPPY ribbon creations from our design team....

Barb - PAPER PURSUITS
Barb – EXPLORE, DREAM, DISCOVER
Deb – PAPER, INK, SCISSORS, STAMPS - not playing today***
Have a fun weekend everyone and thanks SO much for stopping in!!!

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh Janine, I feel so bad that I haven't visited your blog for so long and LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!!! You and I agree---no savin' those little itty bitty pieces of ribbon! I do have a few snips sitting around, perhaps I can play this fun challenge. LOVE your spooky cards...one of my fav times of the year!

Janie Printz said...

cute & simple but look like a million ... Great cards.
Janie

Anonymous said...

Cool little witchy, neato DP Rosy Eckhardt

Charlene said...

Very cute little cards..Perfect for Halloween treats!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my! What darling little Halloween cards -- totally LOVE them!!! And you DON'T keep ribbon scraps!!!!! Oh MY goodness!!! You must be one of a kind!!!! LOL!!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a FAB set of Halloweenie designs! Love the different background prints and fresh clean sketch!

Barbara said...

Great cards, Janine!! And a great start on your Halloween cards! Good for you!

The Rubber Maid said...

Super cute little cards. Made it to my new area Montana and Julie and I are still tired from the trip. All is well. Pat

AJ said...

ooooooh- I just LOVE that WM set!! I am trying to not order it!! your cards are sooo adorable! love love love them!!! :)

Susan (rainy) said...

These are so adorable, Janine. Wish I could toss those little bits of ribbon.. I have a whole drawer full. Your method makes much more sense! lol

Curt in Carmel said...

Love these cards! Clare's stamps are so wonderful. Love how you used them! Best, Curt

Rose Ann said...

What a fun Halloween set of cards, Janine!! I love that little witch image, and your papers are the perfect choice!!