2010-08-26

SSNOTIME154***COLOR CHALLENGE

Today's colors are rich and so pretty together as we transition from summer into autumn. And autumn comes earlier to some of us than others. Our colors are Turquoise and Orange, with White OR Ivory as your netural and as always, adding Black for a little POP is totally OK, but not required.






Try as hard as I could my picture just didn't come out well I think.
But you get the jist of it! The colors are similar.

I used Hawaiian Shores and Terra Cotta cardstock from PTI, with a little black of course.
The designer paper is from my bit bin. I am always rummaging around to find things that I can use and I thought it went well.
The sentiment is from PTI as well and the pumpkin is from Cuttlebug, cut out, and then run through again with a texture plate from PTI to give it a little something extra and then a little walnut stain distress ink.
I just used a fine top marker around the edges as well.



Check out SHARON"S site HERE for all the details and do check out all the design teams creations this week!! You won't be disappointed***

Charlene Driggs: Paper and Ink Playground - August Guest Designer
Deb Neerman: Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden - on vacation
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover - on vacation
Have a fabulous weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by***

11 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Too cute!!!! Love it!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this, Janine! That pumpkin is perfectly embossed and distressed ... and I love that beautiful DP you used! Wish my "bit bin" scraps looked this good!

Have a wonderful weekend, Kiddo!

Charlene said...

Love the cool texture on you pumpkin! It's been sheer pleasure to play with you ladies this month. Thanks so much!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a fabulous Autumn card Janine! Very fresh and pretty!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Great card for this color challenge -- LOVELY shades and love that clasic, simple layout - JUST lovely!!!

Rose Ann said...

I think you did a great job with the color challenge, Janine...and I love the texture you've given the pumpkin!!

Julia Aston said...

What a great inspiration picture and I love the Halloween card you created from it Janine!

Barbara said...

Your patterned paper is perfect, Janine! And that pumpkin is so cute! Love it!

knitwit said...

I know I say this every time, but I always find it so flabbergasting how so many people can take one inspiration picture and come up with such a diverse collection of cards. Yours is awesome!!
Hope all's well at your end!

Curt in Carmel said...

Beautiful colors! Love the cut out pumpkin with the embossing on it. Great addition of texture! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Velta said...

Hey girl! What a gorgeous fall card you have here...I love that pumpkin and you have the perfect colors and sketch going with this one. TFS!!