2010-10-23

SNOWMEN ***





Here are a few more cards for my Christmas box. I used the technique shown by Anna Wight HERE ***












The images are both Whipper Snapper designs. I didn't have any of the inks that Anna specified but found that PTI's "Fresh Snow" ink worked well. I used Copic markers to color the scarves and hats, a tracing wheel to give the edges a decorative touch and a little glitter to complete their ensemble.


The designer paper is "Mitten Weather" mini deck by Cosmo Cricket and I used "Tea Dye" distress ink around the edges of the kraft cardstock.

The blue ribbon is SEI which I found at the bottom of a bucket in my craft room and the other one I have had forever and don't know where I got it.


Have a great weekend and thanks SO much for stopping in***

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such fun cards!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!!

Rose Ann said...

Both of your snowmen cards are totally cute, and I love the papers!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Both cards are totally adorable Janine! Anna's image is too cute!

Linda W. said...

Janine - I'm so glad I tuned in today! I had no idea I could use waterbrush with pigment inks - and I so love snowmen! Your cards are awesome and thank you for that wonderful link!

knitwit said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze!! And these cards are making me wish I'd gotten off my butt and started my Christmas cards before now. Things have been so busy around here that I think I'm going to have to send out store bought cards (GASP!) this year! The good news is that my son's new tutor starts tomorrow, so I'm going to have some time to craft again. Hallelujah!
Hope you're having a great Sunday and not seeing any snowflakes yet. I'm hearing rumours of the occasional flake coming down east of us!

Julia Aston said...

Two cute snowmen cards Janine - love the swirley piercing!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Very adorable cards! I love everything about them! Thanks for link about colouring with the ink pads - just watched it - it's such a fantastic idea and will have to try it - looks aweseome!

mochamama said...

Love, love these snowmen cards!!