2010-10-25

YUMMY FOOD***



Sauteed Spinach with Golden Raisins, Pine Nuts and Fresh Breadcrumbs

1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh, coarse breadcrumb
1 large clove garlic, minced
Kosher salt
1 bunch (about 1 lb.) spinach, trimmed

In a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat, heat the raisins and pine nuts in 2 Tbs. oil for about 1 minute. With a slotted spoon, transfer the raisins and pine nuts to a plate. Add the breadcrumbs and garlic to the pan, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook over medium-low heat until slightly brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Put the remaining 2 Tbs. oil in the pan with the spinach, and cook until the spinach just wilts. Transfer to a serving platter, toss with the raisins and pine nuts, top with breadcrumbs, and serve.



I served the spinach along side chicken that I had split open like a book and stuffed with a mixture of fresh breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and capers.

Both recipes are from Fine Cooking....

9 comments:

Diane said...

Yummy delicious looking!!!

knitwit said...

Yum! I need to give this one a try! I'm always on the lookout for tasty vegetable dishes. My mom always just boiled everything until it was grey and slopped it on our plates!

Charlene said...

Adore Fine Cooking recipes. This one looks yummy.

GLENDA BROOKS said...

This sounds so good! I've copied the recipe down and will be trying it soon!

Joan Fricker said...

Janine, this looks and sounds delicious. We love spinach and this sounds like a winner. Thanks for sharin!!

Rose Ann said...

Looks delish, Janine!! Thanks for the recipe!

velta said...

Oh Janine ~ this is mouth wateringly good looking...Your last couple of posts are cards that are just darling...wonder do you have a good roast recipe...one that is tender and juicy? I have been trying sooo many and none seem to work for me...TFS :)

Julia Aston said...

Yum! this looks wonderful Janine! My DH hates spinach but I guess that would just mean MORE for me!!! LOL!!!

mochamama said...

Yes, this is one yummy looking meal. I think I need to try that spinach!