2011-11-16

Peace***

I registered for Jennifer McQuire's Holiday Boot Camp and have learned lots of things but the technique I like best so far is the one below.


I used a Sizzix embossing folder with watercolor paper then added Faded Jeans and Evergreen Bough distress inks with a blending tool.. Then I spritzed the paper with pearlized water and let it dry.


The "Peace" die is from Papertrey Ink, the snowflake die from Tim Holtz and button and twine from PTI as well.


I think it looks like it took a long time to make but really it only took minutes... minus the drying time.


Thanks for stopping by today and have a fabulous one***

9 comments:

velta said...

Hi Janine!!! I love this technique and you did a great job on this creation...below...made my mouth "water" just looking at the pics of that awesome chicken recipe...gotta love it!

Erica said...

Very pretty Janine. It looks very shimmery. I hesitated on these clases. Will do it next time it's offered.

French Basketeer.com said...

Hi Janine~ thanks for stopping by today and nice to have found your blog! Off to see more of your posts....

GLENDA BROOKS said...

This is lovely. I love this technique and will be trying it soon! Well done!

Rose Ann said...

I can see why you like this technique best, Janine!! Gorgeous effect!!

knitwit said...

What a beautiful technique! Maybe it's time I signed up for boot camp!
Hope all's well with you. It's the usual nuttiness here. Can you believe it's almost December? Yikes!!
Have a great day--I'll be back soon!

SueB said...

great look and thanx for the synopsis of the technique!

mochamama said...

How cool is that Janine!!! Love that technique.

christabelle said...

hi Janine, what a beautiful card, LOVE it !