2013-02-26

FLOWERS***



Well it has, as my Mom says, been a very long time since I have posted anything here on my blog!
I really think she is the only one that reads it!!

It was her 81st birthday this past weekend so we celebrated with a lovely lunch and a huge
chocolate cake***




A very simple card stamped in Archival ink and watercolored.





Freehand flowers watercolored.  I took a lettering class and watercoloring class at The Art House Studio in Cambridge Ontario a few weekends ago with Joanne Sharpe.  Had a tone of fun!!
Now to turn this into a card!




The same stamp used on canvas!!  I can't remember whether I posted this one as a card or not
but I wasn't happy with the results so yanked it off and will re-do***



Have a great day everyone!  And if you do stop in THANK-YOU!!!!

10 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! And, she isn't the only one that reads your blog! :)
Good to hear from you. It has been too long. Where do the days go? I hope you are having a good winter, our weather has been great for Indiana. Raining hard today.
Drop me a not when you can.
hugs
Joan

Anonymous said...

It is so nice that you honored your Mom. Beautiful cake but I really like the painted flowers.I bet she is prout of your talent. Debbie

Betsy said...

Lol, well, she is not the only one that reads your blog. Happy Birthday to your mom! My mom turned 83 a few days back. Makes me appreciate her more and more every day.

Beatiful cards by the way!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom ...

Glenda said...

I always try and visit when you post! I have your blog listed in my favorites bar so when you post it pops up here. Love the picture of your Mom!

Anonymous said...

J9: Once again, thank you for everything Janine and being the loving daughter that you are.

Bonnie Weiss said...

WOWZERS, your Mom looks great for her age ... Hope she had a wonderful birthday. Looks like your art class was quite successful ... Very nice results.

~amy~ said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

lovely cards!

nina said...

My sister is so lucky. She looks beautiful. What a yummy looking cake. Chocolate--- my favorite.
The canvas cards are great . A very different look. Luv

nina said...

The birthday card is so beautiful., like I say--- lucky, lucky mom. Luv